I wanted to thank all of those who were kind enough to join me at The Brand Exchange in the City of London for the official launch of my fifth book “Better Business Relationships – Insights from psychology and management for working in a digital world”.
It was an eclectic group of guests which happily demonstrated the diversity element of the book. There were people from:
- Accountancy firms (including Haines Watts, Hartley Fowler and Wilson Associates)
- Law (including Anthony Gold solicitors and Thomson Snell & Passmore)
- Property (including Algorave, Anderton Gables, Corinthian, Lighthouse Surveyors and Logicor)
- Business (including those from the actuarial, health, hospitality, insurance, marketing and technology sectors)
The entire Bloomsbury Business team were present. I owe them all huge thanks for their utter dedication and professionalism during commissioning, editing, production, distribution and marketing. My editor Emily Bedford was there and Ian Hallsworth kindly said a few words during the short presentation.
I was delighted that my neuroscience professor from over 25 years ago – Fred Toates – came along with his wife Olga who is an amazing physicist. He connected with another eminent psychologist – Dr Kathryn Waddington of the University of Westminster who had been kind enough to provide an endorsement of the book. Richard Chaplin, founder of the Managing Partners Forum and the Professional Marketing Forum, who I have known for a very long time was also kind enough to provide an endorsement and join the celebrations.
Clive Lewis OBE, founder of Globis mediation and another kind endorser of the book had studied business psychology at The University of Westminster – what a small world! During my short speech, I mentioned Clive’s amazing work with the Bridge Builders mentoring scheme for young adults from disadvantaged backgrounds with which I had the honour of doing some work a while back.
Marcus Jamieson-Pond, whose early career was in professional services in roles including human resources and corporate social responsibility (CSR), took excellent photos. If you’d like copies please contact him: https://www.jampondphotography.com/
It was also wonderful that my son and daughter and one of my brothers were there – as well as several close family friends: Grant, James, Elly, Lizzie, Neil, Hazel, Charmaine, Ella, Rose, Richie and Jackie.
Thank you all for your support!
Further details of Better Business Relationships: http://kimtasso.com/publications/better-business-relationships/
- Top tips on the psychology of persuasion
- 10 practical tips for fee and price negotiations
- Future Marketing Managers need some Finnish “Sisu” or Japanese “Ganbaru” for success
- Psychology, neuroscience and client engagement
- Be more strategic – creating behaviour change
- 3 themes from marketing planning – Stepping stones, persuasion and momentum
- Psychology in marketing and selling: Seven insights from the PM Forum Conference 2015
- 12 tips from a coaching and mentoring skills course (2015)
- Achieving buy-in – Oranges, elephants and dancing
- 10 tips on price communications for professionals
- Managing teams and virtual teams – 13 top tips
- Business development writing for lawyers - 13 top tips for writing for impact
- Bottlenecks, bulldozers and caught in the cross-fire – Highlights from a stakeholder management and buy-in session (2016)
- Project vs Campaign Management
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Driving change in professional practices – the interesting bits?
- Getting what you want and how to say “No” – Assertiveness skills
- Fabulous First Meetings – 16 selling insights
- Presentation skills – Preparing the content and delivery
- Coaching skills – The power of questions (2017)
- Relationship and referrer management – Piggybacks, Ghosting, Ridealongs, Swapsies and Orange Crates
- Pick up the phone – Creating better business relationships with telephones
- Trust for better business relationships
- How do you make a personal impact? Stand out, speak up and make a difference
- Better Business Relationships – New book in the pipeline
- Referrer and intermediary management – 13 top tips from a workshop (May 2018)
- A personal approach to cross-selling
- Book review: Endorsements for Better Business Relationships
- Ten psychological ideas that employers, recruiters and HR people need to know
- About Kim
- Book review of Better Business Relationships by Paul English of Grant Thornton International
- Strategic thinking – It’s a jungle out there
- Better Business Relationships
- Kim Tasso Mediation Services
- Book review: Better Business Relationships by Carolyn Dyer, Head of HR and OD at Registers of Scotland
- Better Business Relationships at the Bedford Square Festival
- Better Business Relationships – The building blocks (video)
- Adapting to dog, cat and bear personalities: Better Business Relationships - Digitally (Video)
- Better Business Relationships and DACRIE - A model to enhance business relationships
- Book Review: “The small big – small changes that spark big influence” by Steve J Martin, Noah J Goldstein and Robert B Cialdini (persuasion science)
- Conference report: British Psychological Society’s (BPS) Psychology means business
- Book review: Connected leadership – How professional relationships underpin executive success by Andy Lopata
- At the heart of what we do – Better Business Relationships
- What is the impact of technology on marketing?
- Change management and creativity – Why a third adapt more easily
- Client relationship management (CRM) - How many close relationships can you manage?
- Non-Executive Directors: Benefits for professional service firms
- Change management – Millennials, metaphors and resistance
- Making an impact, influence and persuasion