Better Business Relationships – New book in the pipelinePosted on: March 15, 2018
Business success is reliant on being able to get on with people. Relationships with your internal colleagues and external clients and referrers are the foundation of business success in just about every job function and industry. My new book on Better Business Relationships is now in the pipeline.
The ability to communicate with, encourage, influence, persuade, change, motivate and lead others is vital. My new book Better Business Relationships brings together a wealth of knowledge, insight and practical advice from leaders in psychology and experts in management to communications and sales, to provide guidance to both new and more experienced business people in traditional and digital environments.
I have a life-long passion for psychology – spanning undergraduate studies, NLP training, psychometric assessment and professional coaching qualifications and integrative counselling training. This is interwoven with three decades experience in the business world (mostly in the technology and professional services sectors) covering strategy, change management, marketing, selling and relationship management. So this book – bringing the two strands together – is something I’ve wanted to write for a long time.
The pace of technological development means that increasingly people connect digitally so communication skills and the ability to form meaningful professional relationships is at risk of becoming a dying art. There is a generation gap – both the old and the new generations need to develop a deeper understanding of each other and adapt so that it can be bridged. There is increased diversity in the workplace – there are more virtual teams with people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures. These are all challenges for business people who need to forge and develop strong business relationships.
While working with business leaders as a strategic consultant and Non-Executive Director (NED) http://kimtasso1.wpengine.com/consultancy/non-executive-director/ and also with those entering the workforce, I have been frustrated that there wasn’t a single source of information to guide them through the maze of communication and relationship challenges. My ambition was to create one book that covered a wide range of psychological ideas that would support better business relationships in an accessible way.
The book contains six sections around my DACRIE© model and covers:
- Difference and diversity – understanding yourself and other people
- Personality, style, perception and cognition
- Managing emotions, authenticity, emotional intelligence (EQ) and empathy
- Gender, generation and cultural differences
- Adaptation and change
- Habits, filters and comfort zones
- Learning processes – managing change in ourselves and others
- Resilience and stress management
- Face-to-face, telephone, presentation, written and digital communication
- The importance of Non-verbal communication (NVC)
- Influence, persuasion and storytelling
- Relationships and conflict management
- Relationship management competencies including rapport and trust
- Different types of relationship and how they are formed
- Difficult behaviours, conflict management and negotiation
- Internal relationships and teams
- Organisational culture, working with your manager and internal politics
- Groups and teams – styles, integration, buy-in and performance
- Delegation, coaching, feedback, motivation and leadership
- External relationships and selling
- Self-esteem, confidence and client service
- Decision making processes – Selling yourself and your ideas
- Meetings, pitches, key accounts and referrer management
Better Business Relationships is ideal for anyone who wants to improve their relationships at work and gain a greater understanding of critical social and communications skills required to succeed in any professional or business environment.
Better Business Relationships will be published in September 2018. Further details from Bloomsbury: https://www.bloomsbury.com/uk/better-business-relationships-9781472957016/ The book can also be pre-ordered on Amazon.
(Please get in touch if you are interested in reviewing the book pre-publication)
- 10 practical tips for fee and price negotiations
- Creativity 1: Seven steps to become more creative
- Boost your training effectiveness - Learning theory in a nutshell
- Career coaching and counselling – with Kim Tasso
- Psychology and business communication: An introduction to Transactional Analysis (TA)
- Psychology, neuroscience and client engagement
- Be more strategic – creating behaviour change
- The power of three in personal introductions (BrandMe)
- 12 tips from a coaching and mentoring skills course (2015)
- Achieving buy-in – Oranges, elephants and dancing
- 10 tips on price communications for professionals
- Managing teams and virtual teams – 13 top tips
- Managing client service in surveying and property partnerships
- Business development writing for lawyers - 13 top tips for writing for impact
- Selling - The vital role of research in the pitch process
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Driving change in professional practices – the interesting bits?
- Getting what you want and how to say “No” – Assertiveness skills
- Fabulous First Meetings – 16 selling insights
- Client relationship management (CRM) - How many close relationships can you manage?
- Winning pitch presentations – Tips on preparing content and presenting well at competitive tenders
- Coaching skills – The power of questions (2017)
- Key Account Management KAM – Managing key client meetings
- Delegation for leaders
- Change management – Millennials, metaphors and resistance
- International relationship management – Highlights from a talk by Allan Evans at BDO accountants
- Relationship and referrer management – Piggybacks, Ghosting, Ridealongs, Swapsies and Orange Crates
- Key Account Management KAM in a nutshell
- Pick up the phone – Creating better business relationships with telephones
- Internal communication – Why, how and what?
- Trust for better business relationships
- How do you make a personal impact? Stand out, speak up and make a difference
- System review: Performance management in the professions - Performance Leader system
- Strategic thinking – Audits, assumptions and alignment
- Lessons in leadership - personal brand, presence, stages and loneliness
- Referrer and intermediary management – 13 top tips from a workshop (May 2018)
- The art of giving feedback
- Ten psychological ideas that employers, recruiters and HR people need to know
- Marketing after the technology revolution?
- Strategy silos – is marketing guilty too? Align, integrate, focus, educate and champion
- Book review: “The change catalyst – secrets to successful and sustainable business change” by Campbell MacPherson (Change Management)
- Book review: Reinforcements: How to get people to help you by Heidi Grant
- At the heart of what we do – Better Business Relationships
- Better Business Relationships and DACRIE - A model to enhance business relationships
- Leadership and management: Maverick Magpies and Predictable Pigeons
- Book review of Better Business Relationships by Paul English of Grant Thornton International
- Book review: Professional services leadership handbook by Nigel Clark, Ben Kent, Alastair Beddow and Adrian Furner
- Marketing communications technology for professional firms
- Book review: Better Business Relationships by Carolyn Dyer, Head of HR and OD at Registers of Scotland
- Marketing technology – Vuture tackles social media verification, dynamic content and extranets made easy
- An MBA is great – but you’ll need soft skills to make an impact
- Making an impact, influence and persuasion
- Be more onion, time out from the tsunami and other strategy insights
- What are your priorities for 2019? Thoughts for professional service firm leaders
- 10 takeaways from a workshop on buy-in (Guildford, 2018)
- Book review: Endorsements for Better Business Relationships
- Productivity – Inputs vs outputs
- Strategic drift – a risk for partnerships
- Better Business Relationships – Book launch
- Better Business Relationships
- Client satisfaction benchmarks – How do you measure up?
- Vuture – Marketing and relationship management automation in professional services firms
Category: Accountants, Kim's Blog, Lawyers, Management Skills, Marketing, Property, Relationship Management, Selling, Social Media
Tagged: Authenticity, Better business relationships, Book review, Books, Business relationships, Change management, Client relationships, Client service, Coaching, Cognition, Communication, Communications, Confidence, Cross Cultural, Decision-making, Delegation, Digital communications, Diversity, Emotional Intelligence, Emotions, EQ, feedback, Filters, Gender differences, Generational differences, Generations, Groups, Influence, Internal Communication, Internal politics, KAM, Key account management, Leadership, Learning, Managing Change, Meetings, Motivation, Multicultural, Neuroscience, Non verbal communication, NVC, Organisational culture, Perception, Personality, Persuasion, Pitches, Presentations, Psychology, Public speaking, Referrer management, Relationships, Resilience, Sales, Sales tips, Self-confidence, Self-esteem, selling, Storytelling, Stress, Stress management, Team management, Teams, Tenders, Virtual teams, Workplace culture, Writing