Recommended reading lists – from the IPAPosted on: August 31, 2012
Whilst the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) remains the obvious choice for most marketers on resources to support training and development, I couldn’t help but admire the resources of the IPA (Institute of Practitioners in Advertising).
Take, for example, its required reading list in the IPA Shop – http://www.ipa.co.uk/Framework/ContentDisplay.aspx?id=2698
Whilst you might expect to find recommendations for books on advertising, agency life, behavioural economics, client services, creative inspiration, digital, marketing, new business, trends and insight I was more surprised to find a list of strategy books.
The list doesn’t reflect business strategy but advertising strategy although amongst the selection were some of my favourites:
- “The Jelly Effect: How To Make Your Communication Stick” – Andy Bounds
- “The Tipping Point” – Malcolm Gladwell
- “Tribes” – Seth Godin
- “Chief Culture Officer” – Grant McCraken
- “’Where Good Ideas Come From’ – Steven Johnson
- “Why We Buy’ – Paco Underhill
- “Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds and Actions’ – Guy Kawasaki