Somewhat unusually, I am qualified in psychology as well as marketing and management.
This dual perspective – commercial as well as psychological – means that I am able to appreciate the emotional and behavioural aspects of strategy, change management, marketing, business development, selling and training programmes. It also means that I am often called upon to build consensus amongst disparate groups and assist in the resolution of disagreements and disputes – before they escalate to conflict.
Better Business Relationships
In 2018, I drew together decades of management experience with my psychology training to publish – with Bloomsbury – the book “Better Business Relationships – Insights from psychology and management for working in a digital world” which shows how over 120 psychology models and concepts can be used to improve business relationships.
The book is structured around the DACRIE™ model (Difference & Diversity, Adaptation & Learning, Communications, Relationships, Internal Relationships and External Relationships) model.
Watch a 10 minute video about Better Business Relationships
Psychology and counselling qualifications
- Counselling skills levels 2 and 3 Edexcel British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy approved (2014-2015)
- Occupational Ability/Personality Test User Level A & B (NEO PI-R) British Psychological Society (BPS) (2013)
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioner (2008)
- Oxford School of Coaching and Mentoring (now OCM) Diploma in Professional Coaching & Mentoring (2001)
- Open University BA (Hons) Upper Second Psychology (British Psychological Society approved) (1983 – 1989)