I wrote a short article for the Finance & Management special report on “Starting a business” by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. It attempts to tackle the issue of selling for those who are starting a business and unfamiliar with marketing and sales techniques.
Topics covered include:
– Finding out who your customers are
– Understanding buying processes
– Using marketing to raise awareness and generate leads
– Setting targets
– Getting some sales training
– Identifying the need
– Developing a strong proposition for your product/service
– Managing sales meetings
– Understanding people
– Valuing existing relationships
Having just completed another introductory sales training course for a large regional law firm, and being asked to regularly provide such training for a variety of legal and accountancy firms, I’d say that it’s not just start up businesses that would find the article useful.
The special report will be published in March on the ICAEW web site –http://bit.ly/dxRoOc – but will only be available to Faculty Members. Let me know if you’d like a copy of the article and aren’t a member.