I spent this morning in front of a video camera recording a webinar for MBL on Effective social media for accountants. My aims, in this 75 minute video (which will be livestreamed on Wednesday 6th May) were to:
- Present a persuasive business case on why accountants and tax practitioners should consider using social media as part of their business development activity – whether to generate new business or nurture existing client and referrer relationships
- Cut through the hype and technical jargon and provide a simple introduction and practical steps for accountant and tax practitioners to follow in using social media
- Provide a bridge between the “centres of excellence” in digital marketing within the central marketing and business development teams and the individual practitioners
The topics covered include:
- Why should accountants use social media?
- What are the absolute social media basics you need to know?
- How do accountants and other professionals use social media effectively?
- How do you use social media to raise your profile, share expertise and generate new clients?
- How can you use social media to keep you close to existing clients and referrers?
As well as looking at the benefits, I also look at some of the risks and how to manage them. There are social media examples from a variety of accountancy firms and tax practitioners including: BDO, Bishop Fleming, Buzzacott, Chartered Institute of Taxation, Deloitte, Goodman Jones, Grant Thornton, Haines Watts, Optimize Accountants and Wilson Partners.
Towards the end of the session there is a practical guide to getting started – in terms of integrating with your business and marketing plans, ensuring that your web site is mobile responsive, SEO (search engine optimisation) and social media ready, establishing a blog before a step-by-step guide in creating LinkedIn and Twitter profiles and using these channels in an appropriate way.
The video also looks briefly at other common tools including those from Google and Hubspot and the role of YouTube, SlideShare and Google+.
Further details: https://www.mblseminars.com/outline?progid=5823 Effective social media for accountants